Stuck at home with children aged 5-10? We know what you’re going through. So…
Last summer, The Book Hive was awarded a grant from the Literary Trust to launch a scheme to encourage children to read. We partnered with the fabulous MiniStorytellers, and the very talented artist Bel’s Art World, to create Book Explorers: children read any book on one of 6 themes (space, history, magic, food, dinosaurs, or nature), then use their book to complete an activity sheet, earning them a beautiful iron-on patch.
In these strange times of isolation, we thought it would be a good idea to bring Book Explorers back! Here’s how this new version works:
- Order a pack through our website for just £10.
- In the ‘notes’ section, tell us the age of your child.
- We’ll send you a hand-picked history book, and a corresponding patch, in the post.
- We’ll also email you a PDF history activity sheet.
- Your children then read the book and complete the wacky activities (ideally while you enjoy a cup of tea or something stronger) and then you award them with the patch when they’re done!